June 25, 2020

Let's Talk | Black Owned Business Edition


Support! When people ask what they can do to assist in helping the black community or even their neighborhood I say support the back business in your area or find one to support. I have seen so many people on social media supporting black businesses and putting their money where their mouth is and I am loving it. If you don't feel comfortable discussing such topics or don't know where to start, why not show your support and post something you purchased from a black owned business. 

If you need options don't worry, check out these black owned businesses!


Nails

When it comes to nail polish Ooopolish has the best nude colors that I have seen. You can also shop sets that includes colors like, reds & oranges, yellows & golds. They really take skin tones into consideration and I really like that about them. It's not your standard nude colors but nude colors that will look great on all skin tones. 


Skin

Reasonably priced and so many scrubs to choose from with skinBUTTR. They sell body and face products that are handmade and free from parabens and harsh chemicals. 



Makeup

Coloured Raine has the most vibrant colors eyeshadow palettes that have caught my eye in a while. I love that every part of the company has black employees, her website even gives a break down of how many Black employees they have throughout their company and their manufacturer. You can shop her products at Target as well! 



Clothing

I have been following JIBRI for years, she really makes some great quality clothing. From the style to the fit she has so many options to choose from. She also has a kids line that you have to check out!




Shoes

Kendall Miles caught my eye because I love to see black people excel from my same city. Reading about her and how she got started was an inspiration. 



Bags

Who doesn't love a good bag? Yvonne Koné's Yari bag caught my eye because I love a casual bag that can be dressed up or down, plus this particular has an adjustable belt to wear as a fanny. 



Jewelry

Valerie Madison makes beautiful elegant jewelry that fits anyone's style. She carries wedding bands, engagement rings, earrings and more. 



T-Shirts, Accessories & Other Knick Knacks

I am in the process of updating my store and adding more items (currently being shipped to me now). I add my touches to tshirs, glasses, wall decals and more. I have always wanted a little fun store to show others what I enjoy doing and allows my creative juices to flow. I have always been hands on and artsy, I attended an art school here in Chicago called Marwen from 7th grade through my senior year of high school. Ever since I have always enjoyed be creative with an emphases in fashion. Fashion has always been my first love and adding that into my creative art is what I enjoy doing. 



Support Black businesses! Google black businesses + your zip code and find businesses to support! Give them a shout out on social media with the item you purchased, leave them a review online Google/Yelp. There are so many things you can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 TOO CURVY TO CARE , Blogger