November 09, 2019

It's OK To Speak Up!



I turned 30 at the end of March and when I turned 30, I began looking back to see how much I have changed and grown over the years. One particular issue being, speaking up for myself. I have always been labeled "oh she has an attitude" when ever I spoke, it did not matter how nice I spoke, how calm I was... nothing. But I had to realize it was them not me, I can't help how one may take what I'm saying. You can say shit in the nicest way possible, speak clear and use "nice" words, but at the end of the day, if you're saying something they don't want to hear, then you're still the bad guy.


SPEAK UP!

We can't always cater to people's feeling and hold our tongues to save face for hurting someone's feelings. There is nothing wrong with expressing how you feel and I am still learning that. Especially in my personal relationship, I don't say things and bite my tongue just to avoid an argument but you can't go through life like that. You should be able to speak, let it out freely and keep it moving, rather it be verbal, through text, a letter, etc., as long as you say your peace, that's good. Sometimes it's ok to be selfish! So BE SELFISH. Because when you speak up for YOU, you teach people how to treat you. No one can speak up for you, better than you. I am learning this more and more daily.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 TOO CURVY TO CARE , Blogger