September 09, 2021

Our Fall Bucket List


My favorite time of year, when summer is coming to a close and it's time to start planning for fall activities. Watching the leaves change colors, eating apple donuts and bringing out the cardigans and jackets.

From having outings for just couples or including our kids, there is always something to do when it comes to fall. Here are a couple things we enjoy doing and places we love going to. 


Pumpkin Patch/Apple Orchards

I have yet to go to a pumpkin patch so I definitely want to try that out this year. I have been to an apple orchard and we actually go every year in October. The one we frequent is Jonamac Orchard in Malta, IL, close to DeKalb, IL (NIU). The have the best damn apple donuts and spiked apple cider I have every had. You're able to pay for a bag and fill it up with a variety of apples. They have areas for kids to play, corn maze/haunted maze and so much more. Definitely a place to check out if you live in Illinois. 



Wine Tasting 

Definitely on my bucket list! I have not been to a wine tasting ever and I love my wine. Lincoln Park Zoo  always has seasonal themed wine tasting and I will be checking it out this October. Walking around trying various wines in the crisp fall air, I cannot wait. 



Drive-In Movie

I have not been to a drive-in movie in years and since more have appeared since Covid, what better chance to go to one than now. Watching a movie in the comfort of your own car with snacks and blankets is my jam! Google "drive in movies *city* and you will get a couple suggestions and it will also let you know if you pay per person or by car. 



Decorate Your Space

Nothing gets me in the spirit more, than decorating my space. Giving me all the cozy autumn vibes. Pinterest has always been my go to on ideas for decorating my space. You can decorate your living spaces or just revamp your closet. Gives me a chance to do the some cleaning and toss out items I no longer use as well. 


Visit Your Downtown Area

Downtown Chicago is beautiful in the winter and I go to majority of the events, however I have never been to any events or even experienced downtown Chicago in the fall like I do in the summer and winter months. I saw someone post a picture (below) where they took a picture of The Bean with all the orange colored leaves and I told myself I will definitely see how it is this year. Being that I only live about 10 mins from the downtown area, there should be no excuse lol.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 TOO CURVY TO CARE , Blogger