January 29, 2019

8 (FUN) Things To Do During Polar Vertex


Polar Vortex! That's what Chicago will be dealing with these next two days (Wed/Thurs). It will be COLDER than Antarctica, the coldest in Chicago in decades..-50 degrees...like WTF! So with that happening a lot of businesses and schools are closed tomorrow.

Some people will be staying put at home Wed-Thus, myself included, so that means Netflix and chill, reading a book and more! Here is a list of thing you can do during this polar vortex.


1. Clean Out Your Closet 



What perfect time to get your closet organized? You can use this time to try on clothes to see what fits and what doesn't. You can also make a pile for items you would like to donate. Organizing your closet is another thing you can do, having shirts organized from sleeveless to long sleeve, color coordinating your hangers. There are so many options with organizing your closet, I made at post about it here that you can check out.


2. Online Shopping



Take advantage of the winter blowout sales going on right now. I have caught a good amount of sales over these last few weeks. I recently bought a coat priced at $120 I got for only $39 (including shipping). So once you clean out your closet take the time to browse your favorite shops online or even check your inbox for deals that may be going on, to replace the items you chose not to keep.


3. Break Out The Crock Pot (Or Pot) 



I loooove to cook, I am always looking on Pinterest to try new recipes especially with my crock pot that I received last year for Christmas. I myself will be looking for something to make for this cold weather. You can make a big pot of soup or whatever else, and have food already made for the next couple of days. So when you or anyone in your house are hungry, something can be easily heated up.


4. Clean Out Your Makeup



Toss out old or unused makeup, organize it or put some on for fun. Marshalls has pretty makeup brush holders and where I bought mine from. You can also (finally) clean your makeup brushes.


5. Read



Yes...READ. I am a certified bookworm and love reading. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to do so but have been reading a little everyday. I am currently reading Lipstick Gospel which I saw on Instagram and was a free book. You can Google it and it will be the first one to pop up. I feel like nowadays we are so quick to binge watch something (my included) vs taking a minute to read a book or even a magazine.


6. Plan A Vacation/Getaway


Use this time to plan a vacation! I always search Groupon to see what deals they have for getaways and they never disappoint (just make sure to read the fine print). I am looking to plan a trip for March so it would be a good time to start searching since I'll have some down time.


7. Play A Game Or Do A Craft Project


If you have kids or don't, get hands on with some crafts or play a game with your kids or significant other. I have kids who love arts and crafts so they have a ton of projects they can work on. My go to place is 5Below. The have so many games and crafts for kids and adults that you can chose from. I personally like to do some fashion illustration by printing out things I want to draw or I go on YouTube and follow a tutorial. Go for it!


8. Purchase Some New Art


I personally like fashion inspired art pieces, always have, and my go to is always eBay. I've shopped with them in the past for fashion related pieces and loved it. Another go to is definitely Etsy or just Google what you're looking for to find what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 TOO CURVY TO CARE , Blogger