December 02, 2018

The One Year Anniversary Of My Breakup With My Ex(friend)




It's been one year since I have chosen to end my 13 year friendship and it has been great to say the least. I remember the last straw and the day I told myself this is it, I cannot and won't put up with any more high school drama.

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO ME!

Overall our life had become different and I don't think she was comfortable with that. Me: with a family and just had my third child and she is single living her best life. I think she began to feel like I was choosing my family over her and that was not it. Me not immediately answering her texts/phone calls would make her upset and she would stop talking to me for months. She did this repeatedly, when I did not answer at that moment she'd get mad. The final straw was last year after Thanksgiving, my phone was charging and I called her back once I saw the message. She ignored me all day and that was that. I told myself ok, this is it, I can't keep going through this roller coaster of emotions with her. Every little thing you make her mad and I was tired of living like that, I had dealt with it since college (2007). You know how it is, you let people treat you any kind of way because you've been friends for 12+ years, or because they may be a family member so you let stuff roll off your back.

HAVE BOUNDARIES AND CUTOFF POINTS

During this time apart I have been enjoying my family! I stated in my previous post (here) how I would hang out with her and my kids, doing all these fun outings and leave my man behind. When in reality I should of been doing those things with him but I did not want her to feel forgotten about so I would do activities with her. I have been on numerous family trips this year, focused on school and overall very happy. The happiest I have been in years.

I have ALWAYS said, when it comes to family and friendships you need boundaries and cut off points. In a relationship you have boundaries and things you will/will not put up with. So have those same boundaries and all your other friendships and situation-ships.

This next year, I will continue to do the same: enjoy family and life. Anything that does not bring me happiness will not be in my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 TOO CURVY TO CARE , Blogger