November 24, 2018

My Top Things To Do In Chicago During The Holidays


I've always been excited about the holidays here in Chicago because it becomes this magical place. No matter what neighborhood you drive/walk through the streets are filled with beautiful Christmas lights. There is also always something to do from now until the new year, so take a look at some of my favorite things to do here in the city.



1. Lincoln Park Zoolights

I remember coming here as a kid walking around with my hot chocolate. Now I can take my kids here and it is AMAZING! The lights are the most beautiful Christmas lights display I have ever seen and makes you feel like a big kid again. There is so much to do here: caricatures, ice sculpting (last year we got to sit on a big chair made of ice), merry go rounds, and more! Also, they do have Adults Only nights, so the adults can experience the festivities without kids and strollers everywhere lol.
*Schedule of events here*



2. Winter Wonder Fest at Navy Pier

My favorite place to visit during the holidays hands down. They have an array of Christmas trees, each decorated differently than the rest, you have funnel cakes, life size play houses! There is just so much you can do here. There's also ice skating, slides and carnival rides, all IN DOORS of course. So if you go to anything this year, make this one your top pick! This also gives you a chance to visit other area in/around Navy Pier (Ferris Wheel, boat cruises, etc.)
*Schedule of events here*


3. CTA Holiday Train

Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) - This is also a fun thing to experience, that's if you have the chance to. I believe they have a schedule you can look at to try to catch the train (but good luck). I had the chance to catch it once with my son and it was pretty fun. It was a regular train ride except this particular train is decorated inside and out in Christmas lights and decorations. Santa is at the very front with his reindeer and he comes out to give out candy and other goodies. There is also Christmas music playing.
*Schedule of events here*


4. ChristKindlMarket Chicago

This Germany inspired market takes place in the downtown area of Chicago also held outside so dress warm. I normally go the day we do the tree lighting ceremony here in Chicago. ChristKindlMarket has numerous vendors selling food, drinks, handcrafted gifts, clothes, and more out of their little hut. Looks like a little village in the middle of Chicago! When I have gone it is packed with people so be prepared for some shoulder to shoulder action.
*Schedule of events here*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 TOO CURVY TO CARE , Blogger